Bolton, Greater Manchester
£42000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + + Benefits
14 days ago
I am partnering with a SME Public Sector organisation who are looking to recruit a Head of Legal to manage the In-House Legal team. My award wining client employs over 500 people in the UK and they are looking for someone who has previously qualified as a Solicitor or Barrister. You will have three years post qualification experience and experience of managing a team.
What is the purpose of the role?
The Head of the Legal team will manage the work and performance of our in-house Legal Team,
carry their own caseload and ensure that my client achieves the highest possible standards and the best possible outcomes for the business and its customers.
Why is the role important?
Our Legal Team provides legal advice across a range of services, most of which will be within the remit of civil litigation. The role will be responsible for advising across a range of issues. The current workload includes all aspects of housing and tenancy related matters including anti-social behaviour, tenancy management, right to buy, right to acquire, allocations, tenancy fraud, income management and recharges, leases, leasehold management and disrepair.
- Manage the work and performance of the in-house legal team to ensure we achieve the highest possible standards
- Provide advice to mangers and staff within areas of expertise, as required.
- Draw up and advise on all legal documentation including tenancy agreements, licences, leases, lease agreements, court papers/submissions, framework agreements as required
- Liaise and negotiate with stakeholders, partners and others on behalf of my client.
- Work within the Court system to ensure the outcomes required by my client are achieved.
- Advocate on behalf of my client in contested and none contested hearings.
- Attend court hearings and other meetings related to cases.
What are we looking for?
An experienced professional who is:
- Able to interpret new and existing legislation and provide clear and detailed explanations and advice on specialised and complex matters.
- Show understanding of a wide range of Housing and Housing related law, and an awareness of the housing context and its challenges.
- Able to deal tactfully and diplomatically with difficult issues in a variety of formal and informal situations
- Able to work to and manage deadlines in an area where priorities are subject to change
- Demonstrate the capacity to make formal presentations/present in court in a way that effectively represents my client and its interests.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
This role is to be based out of my clients Head Office in Bolton and is paying a base salary of up to £48,000 pa + benefits.