£70000 - £90000 per annum + negotiable
7 months ago
My client is currently looking for a Head of Land systems and procedures to be based in London with local/home working on a contract or permanent basis.
Purpose of the Role
To lead a high performing team to ensure that appropriate systems, procedures and guidance platforms are in place to effectively deliver the land programmes. The post holder will manage a team responsible for delivering a significant change programme for land, which is focused on ensuring IT and business process solutions are in place to deliver the Land Performance Management Framework and Risk Management Framework. Ensuring a positive interface between the land team and key land programme stakeholders.
The post sits within the land team, and the post holder will be expected to develop a robust understanding of the land team business. This understanding will enable the post holder to work with the team to ensure systems are fit for purpose and support business processes. The post holder will be the key interface between the business, IT and other internal stakeholders.
Main Duties and Key Accountabilities of the jobholder
* Work closely with senior management across the Land team to design and communicate land end to end process flows, incorporating all areas of the business as appropriate.
* Translate Land business requirements into new system specifications and change requests.
* Drive the delivery of system infrastructure to support existing programme requirements/business processes, supporting programme delivery from project concept to closure.
* Take ownership of the Land system priorities workplan, coordinating system development requests across the wider Land team.
* Work with Digital Services (DS) to produce effective system requirement documentation, and ensuring the DS business analysts understand the priorities of the Land team.
* Work with DS to undertake performance business analysis and reviews of existing land procedures, working up specifications for new and improved systems and procedures.
* Ensure any new system developments and procedures align with the Agency's governance and decision making parameters, reviewing these parameters to ensure they are continually fit for purpose.
* Ensure members of the land team effectively deliver user acceptance testing on system changes.
* Take responsibility for guidance to staff on any new system or procedural changes. Work across the Agency to ensure roles and responsibilities are understood and fulfilled.
* Ensure system integration across the existing and new land and client systems, seeking views from relevant stakeholders across the Agency including Investment, Risk, Digital Services, central finance, area business support teams, project managers, AMES, and the Public Land team.
* Work with the economics team to understand the value for money framework for Land and drive system improvements to support this
* Work with the programme management, programme support and economics team to understand and drive data requirements and capture any reporting required for fiscal modelling, stress testing and contingency planning
* Ensure systems support implementation of the Performance Management and Risk Management Frameworks, specifically through access to relevant management information with appropriate system controls in place to drive accuracy and appropriate levels of validation
* Ensure the planned system developments are delivered on time, and highlight key strategic messages and risks for various audiences. Develop mitigation strategies, working with DS and relevant stakeholders, where system development risks are identified.
* Ensure that the system governance structures (bilaterals with stakeholders, for example land representation at DS meetings) work effectively and efficiently.
* Manage the platform for Land team guidance and develop and implement a communication policy supporting a positive interface between the land team and end users
* Pro-actively build strong relationships with internal stakeholders - DS, Delivery Teams, Finance and Performance and the wider Land team.
* To use appropriate evidence in decision making and to commission research or analysis where evidence is not available.
* To deliver any other duties which are commensurate with the post.
Qualifications and experience
* Degree level qualification and/or appropriate professional qualifications/membership or equivalent experience
* Experience of managing project systems
* Experience of system development, and UAT testing
* Experience of supporting new programme development, translating policy into operational delivery and developing effective new procedures for programmes
* Experience of developing procedures and guidance around complex land and property programmes
* Knowledge of government policies on public land
To adhere to Equality and Diversity and Equal opportunities policies in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity.
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues and all others in the workplace, in accordance with Health and Safety policies.
To demonstrate core values in all working relationships within the workplace
To work in accordance with Data Protection Polices and adhere to Freedom of Information policies where appropriate.
To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.