East Midlands, England
21 days ago
Job Title: Head of HSE
Location: East Midlands
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + Strong benefits
The Head of Health & Safety and Environmental will provide managerial support and subject matter expertise to ensure appropriate HSE&S systems and resources are in place. You will have the responsibility for the management and direction in coordinating all data and operational administrative systems for safety and quality requirements. The position works closely with all departments in organizing, documenting and problem resolution.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Health, Safety, Environment will include:
- Leading the development and delivery of the health, safety, environment, quality strategy and tactical initiatives across the group
- Ownership of strategy, policy, legislations, documentation and reporting including;
- Maintaining ISO / OHSAS Certifications (OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001)
- Engaging across the business, including working with business unit leads, functions leads and operations, to continue to drive a positive safety culture and eliminate hazards and mitigate working risks.
- Scanning the horizon for future challenges and opportunities and creating innovative ideas to drive continuous HSEQ improvements
- Setting HSEQ performance targets and ensuring accurate reporting against these
The successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment will have:
- Strategic vision, with the ability to identify innovative ideas and convert these into successful projects which have a tangible impact on HSEQ performance
- Senior leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction, civil engineering, engineering or related industries.
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management to successfully drive change management projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of CDM management
- Excellent management system experience, including ISO 9001
- Chartered Membership of IOSH/ Grad IOSH and a NEBOSH or relevant degree level qualification
- Self-motivated individual with a visible and proactive style, able to challenge operational norms and bring the business on the lean journey.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.