Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
The Head of HR Operations
The Head of HR Operations will manage a team of HR Managers across the UK&I region, who are the face of HR to the business, delivering practical and commercial solutions. The role will ensure a robust and consistent service is developed and maintained, with appropriate levels of risk managed.
The role does not have a specific business area to manage, but is expected to maintain strong relationships with the senior business stakeholders that they will engage with on a regular basis.
Working closely with our Employee Relations Team, this position will require strong experience of UK employment law practices, to ensure that appropriate legally compliant solutions are achieved in a challenging commercial environment.
* Managing the HR Operations Team, monitoring trends in employment practices and advising on appropriate proactive action
* Managing, motivating and developing the HR Operations community to deliver a high-quality service in line with trusted adviser principles.
* Establishing, building and enhancing integrated processes and platforms with the HR Centre's of Excellence and wider HR teams to enable the HR Operations community to focus on the transformation activity.
* Ensuring high quality HR Operational Strategy and best practice is delivered within the region.
* Ensuring best practice and leading-edge HR practices are carried out within Operational HR across the region.
* Ongoing review of HR operational policies & procedures, developing in line with legal changes.
* Leading Managing and contributing to HR Projects as and when required (TUPE, Redundancy, restructuring, etc.)
* Significant experience of managing people with a focus on team/people development and progression.
* Excellent knowledge of UK and Ireland employment law
* Track record of influencing the business at senior levels to deliver effective HR solutions.
* Ability to focus on the important issues when faced with complicated/competing priorities.
* Able to demonstrate a good understanding of commercial requirements.
* Possesses a growth mindset along with a willingness to lead and initiate change.
* Good leadership skills, adopts an open style and is willing to discuss sensitive issues where appropriate.
* Meticulous, deadline focused with a passion for quality and accuracy.