competitive salary and benefits
5 months ago
The role provides an excellent opportunity for a high quality candidate to join a leading FTSE 250 listed business. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller this role has a broad scope with exposure to senior stakeholders across the organisation and the Executive team.
*Preparation of the Group consolidated monthly reporting and associated reporting to the Executive team and Board * Management of consolidated Group statutory accounts preparation * Support the Group budgeting and strategic planning
* Provide technical accounting advice within the organisation * Assist with the implementation of the Group's new consolidation platform
* Prepare, communicate and implement the Group accounting policies * Working capital analysis and evaluation of balance sheet movements
* Ad hoc tasks and projects to support M&A; activity and other analysis
* Support internal control improvement activities
* Liaison with the external auditors,
* Manage and develop a team of two qualified accountants # Job Requirements
* *What we are looking for:** *
Qualified Accountant, likely ACA, ideally with a 'big 4' audit background and 4+ years of PQE
* Expert on technical IFRS accounting issues, providing guidance on accounting queries, including revenue recognition and preparing technical accounting papers
* Prior hands-on experience of consolidations within a complex, multi-currency organisation, or from an audit background for similar complex organisations
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently * An eye for detail and ability to self-review
* Ability to develop strong internal relationships across the Group with all key stakeholders This role is responsible for all group statutory accounting aspects and the preparation of the monthly Group management accounts and supporting documents. This position manages three direct report and reports directly to the Group Financial Controller.
The role also works closely with the Director Group Finance, Group Finance Director and divisional teams. This is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant who has a pro-active attitude to join a successful FTSE 250 business.