£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + car allowance + package
3 months ago
- Strategic planning of fleet replacement schedules, within agreed budgetary criteria.
- Develop, review and maintain standard vehicle specification, ensuring network operational requirements are achieved.
- Ensure legal compliance is maintained as a minimum standard, if not enhanced upon.
- Delivery cost efficiency's through enhanced procurement management, asset standardisation and effective asset management.
- Enhance supply chain activity through effective supply base management.
- Effective management of Fleet Administration Department, ensuring best practises are delivered across the department and operational network.
- Undertake branch fleet department audits, discuss with local management and implement actions plans where areas of improvement have been identified.
- Develop driver improvement strategies to deliver reduced driver accident performance.
- Liaise with motor insurance providers to engage with industry best practises to maintain if not improve insurance premiums.
- Drive and delivery best practise in relation to cost management of fleet services, maintenance and repair activities.
- Pro-active management of auxiliary and third party supply base.
- Provide technical support to the network
- Provide support to the senior management team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Good understanding of Road Transport Legislation enforced with a national CPC qualification. Skilled root cause and investigation manager.
- Exemplary man management skills
- International CPC qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of Fleet Engineering Management, vehicle legislation.
- Budget management.
- Supplier negotiation skills.
- Experience in tanker distibution and a Fleet associated with this sector would be very benefitial
- Ability to extract salient points written or oral in nature.
- Ability to write clear and concise English communications
- Reliability, discretion, diplomatic manner and impartiality of judgement
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.
Keywords: Fleet Manager, Head of Fleet Engineering, Logistics Fleet Engineer, CPC, Logistics, Distrubution, Stake Holder Engagement, Man Management