£500.00 - £600.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Head of Finance; 3-6 month contract; £500.00 - £600.00 per day LTD; Portsmouth
We are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to cover sick leave for a defence client based at Lakeside, Portsmouth. The role will involve the management of the central finance function and providing key support to the Finance Director.
Duties will involve;
- Management of the Business Unit Central Finance function including ensuring the success of the finance team transformation programme following the BU restructuring
- Drive systems and process improvements across the finance team, including a future ERP implementation
- Overseeing and managing all BU central costs
- Analysing, challenging and understanding the financial results and forecasts following up with the operational finance managers to obtain explanations where appropriate
- Constructively challenge business activity in order to increase profits and improve efficiencies
- Manage the monthly reporting process, ensuring all deadlines are met and deliverables are accurate and complete
- Manage the budgeting/forecasting process, ensuring forecasts are properly constructed and underpinned with associated detailed presentations and supporting documentation
- Ensure all other reporting deadlines are met and data gathered is reviewed and challenged.
- Manage all group financial queries and ensure responses are accurate and prompt
- Key liaison for internal and external audits
- Manage the preparation of statutory accounts and tax packs
- Manage Tax queries
- Regular review of the financial controls and position of the business streams within the BU
The jobholder will have the ability to understand and analyse movements and variances. You will be able to prepare and present difficult and complex financial/operational information in a simple and meaningful way. Excellent people management skills are required and you will have a good knowledge of relevant accounting standards. You will be focused and able to deliver under pressure. Highly motivated and driven with a desire to drive performance improvement and efficiency. Creates a culture of team engagement, high performance and people management and actively manages poor performance. Aligns functions and resources, and deploys people and skills optimally to achieve strategic priorities. Good attention to detail is required, you will be commercially astute and a strategic thinker focused on execution. The jobholder will be numerically literate and able to understand and challenge financial numbers and manipulate financial models. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or considerable PQE
- Advanced Excel skills
- Willing to occasionally travel to other UK sites as required
Please note the pay rate advertised is a LTD rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;