11 days ago
A great opportunity has risen for our nuclear client based in Warrington for a Head of Finance to cover a contract basis for 9-12 months.
Main Purpose of role:
Manage/ challenge the financial performance of the business ensuring the application of robust financial governance in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
Key Result Areas
1. A key member of the business management team ensuring business goals and financial performance are achieved.
2. Provide leadership/ direction and develop the business's finance team to delivery robust financial support throughout the business.
3. Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts/ reports for the business to ensure operational management understand/ manage the financial performance of their respective areas.
4. Provide challenge to the business to ensure that financial control is applied to all projects, tasks and overheads.
5. Lead the business in formulating budget/ forecasts (including mid-month flash) and presenting to the Projects Board.
6. Monitor, understand, and manage financial performance and variances against budget/ forecasts to ensure appropriate financial governance is in place.
7. Manage the provision of financial support and challenge the CAPEX and bids ensuring appropriate level of financial scrutiny.
8. Manage working capital to ensure that cash generation is maximised.
Knowledge, experience and skills
Qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA, ACCA or equivalent) with a numbers of years of experience in operational financial management roles within either a projects or a services environment.