8 months ago
Morson International are working with a key client in the Nuclear sector who have a current and interesting requirement for Head of Executive Support. This is a 12 month, Bristol based contract position offering an excellent hourly rate to the successful candidate.
The HPC Project is constructing and commissioning two European Pressurised Reactor (EPRTM) units at Hinkley Point in Somerset, England for NNB Generation Company (HPC) Limited (NNB GenCo (HPC) Ltd), the nuclear site licence holder. The Project Management Organisation is based in Bridgewater House, Bristol.
The Executive Support function provides direct support to the HPC Executive with external and board level reporting. In addition to this, the team will sponsor and co-ordinate improvement projects on behalf of the executive. The Executive Support function owns, on behalf of the Managing Director, top level project documentation including the HPC Business Plan and Project Execution Plan.
The Head of Executive Support manages this team and ensures that HPC project reporting commitments are met, and that messaging is consistent, factually accurate and sensitive to stakeholder and public interests.
The Head of Executive Support reports directly to the Project Services Director. The Executive Support team includes Executive Support Managers and administrative support. This role is a member of the HPC Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure the timely delivery of HPC Progress Reports to the shareholders' board meetings (HoldCo and GenCo). Progress reports must contain accurate data and reflect the key messaging the Managing Director and their Executive wish to communicate.
- Ensure scheduling, co-ordination and quality control of paper submissions to the GenCo and/or HoldCo boards. This includes working with the Legal team to ensure that Shareholder Agreement requirements are met.
- Act as the principle point of contact for the Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) organisation with regards to the development, delivery and follow-up analysis of HPC Progress reports.
- Co-ordinate and author the HPC full progress report utilising inputs from Project Controls and other functions across HPC. Ensure full internal reviews are completed prior to release of the report.
- Ensure delivery of the monthly HPC Milestone Update report to the LCCC.
- Contribute to the agenda development for the Cross Whitehall meeting and produce the HPC Progress Report for this meeting that meets the stakeholder and HPC Executive requirements.
- Ensure the delivery of presentation material and reports or written responses to reports to meet routine stakeholder requirements such as; the ONR Level 1 meetings, the EDF SA Board meetings, Inspector General report etc.
- Ensure delivery of other ad hoc presentation material for other key stakeholders as requirements emerge.
- Co-ordinate contributions and provide a quality review of the annual HPC Business Plan. Ensure professional quality designed and printed copies are produced for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Own the HPC Project Execution Plan (PEP), ensuring adequate review and maintenance.
- Sponsorship and/or delivery of ad hoc improvement projects on behalf of the Executive.
- Maintain links to the EDF Generation Executive Support function and SZC project organisation to ensure sharing of learning and consistency of approach.
- Management and supervision of the Executive Support team.
- Minimum of HND or equivalent level qualification in Engineering/Science or other related field.
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders of all levels, both internally and externally.
- The ability to review and interpret technical information and present this is in an accessible way.
- Confident clear communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Project Management qualification and a good understanding of project risk management, scheduling and cost control.
- Experience of construction and project management on a Nuclear Licensed Site.
- Technical authoring experience.
- Good awareness of commercial contract management.
- Training delivery and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Chinese languages/multi-cultural exper