£58000 - £67000 per annum + Annual Co bonus scheme, pension
2 months ago
Our nuclear sector client has a permanent vacancy for the Head of Environment Department. The location of the role could be based at either Oxon, or Dorset.
Purpose of Role
Effective management of the section and delivery of a legally / company compliant service to the Site.
* As an effective Manager/ Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
* Assign tasks to the team members ensuring they are Suitably Qualified and Experienced (SQEP) to carry out such tasks.
* Responsible for team/ individual development plans and ensuring training is carried out.
* Ensure all team members receive the support necessary to both understand and contribute to achieving the objectives of the Department Lifetime Plan.
* Regularly undertake team briefings to ensure staff are well informed regarding both technical and administrative matters concerning the execution of their responsibilities.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support the interface with environmental stakeholders including English Nature/ Scottish Natural Heritage .
* Develop policy and arrangements for Radioactive Substances Act (RSA) and Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) implementation, Environment & Chemistry to ensure compliance with statutory and Company requirements as appropriate.
* Providing authoritative advice to the Site on RSA / EPR, Environmental and Chemistry as appropriate.
* Support the interface with the relevant Regulator or external authorities.
* Gain and maintain required regulatory approvals.
* Gain and maintain external certification including ISO 14001.
* Co-ordinate the development of the site improvement strategy and plan for RSA / EPR, environment and chemistry and its implementation as appropriate.
* Co-ordinate the competence assessment of persons listed in the baseline arrangements.
* Confirm that contract environmental personnel are SQEP for the roles they are to undertake on Site.
* Provide assurance of the adequacy of RSA / EPR, Environment and Chemistry arrangements through audit, inspections, investigation of events and reviews as appropriate.
* Support Site and Company strategy for RSA / EPR, Environment and Chemistry as appropriate including co-ordinating the provision of Best Practical Means (BPM)/BAT and Best Practical Environmental Option (BPEO) assessments.
* Lead the development of the environmental site improvement strategy and its implementation as appropriate.
* Ensure sufficient suitably qualified and experienced people are available for the Site to operate effectively and discharge its legal and contractual obligations.