Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £80000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Head of ER - Manchester
I am recruiting for a Head of ER for my Manchester based Client. This is a Strategic specialist role - developing an Employee Relations strategy and framework for the Group.
In this strategic role, you will have ownership for developing an innovative, best-in-class ER strategy, framework and operating principles for the Group, effectively supporting the business growth and transformation agenda, including how they can work best with Unions and effectively consult and negotiate.
Due to the devolved nature of the organisational structure, you will work closely with HR Directors to understand and review local ER arrangements for disciplinary, grievance, absence management and collective bargaining and produce a model that provides commonality but relevance across the Group.
You'll work to define the capability requirements for ER, articulating the best practice suitable model and propose a contemporary way of communicating policies.
You will be working at both a strategic and tactical level, so must be willing to involved in the detail and delivery.
* This role will suit you if you are used to managing multiple pieces of work simultaneously, and able to swiftly adapt from working strategically to tactically on each piece and working at pace.
* Must have demonstrable expertise as an ER specialist at both strategic and transactional levels.
* Extensive experience of working with Trade Unions is essential.
Knowledgeable and up to date with best practice and contemporary approaches to ER and contribute deep insight and modelling into political and other external factors that are likely to impact ER strategy and approach.
* Excellent influencing skills
* Devised and implemented strategies
* Experienced leading on complex change programmes
* Good project management skills
What we offer:
We are offering a competitive salary of up to £80k (dependent upon experience) plus benefits.