£60000.00 - £70000 per annum + package
2 months ago
Job Title: Head of Demand Planning
Salary: Competitive Basis + Package
Currently working with a leading international business being the world's largest manufacturer of electrical equipment, having numerous products ranges across different value streams, who require a Head of Demand Planning. This is a newly created role which is an influential and high-profile position. The individual will work with senior executives to fully understand and articulate the demand or "sales side" assumption to feed into the Integrated Business Planning Process. This role has overall responsibility for Demand Control/Consumption, and will have responsibility for management all demand forecasts across the Division.
- Lead the Demand Planning process to develop and maintain the short, medium and long-term demand plans division wide for the business.
- Develop a strong relationship between key internal stakeholder groups including, Supply Chain, Commercial and Finance teams - enabling improved forecast accuracy (base and activity plan) alongside overarching operational improvements through increased focus on forecast patterns and trends.
- Utilise analytical and system skills to maintain information integrity and accuracy within the forecasting system and related tools.
- Manage the development and ongoing management of the forecast through direct partnering with commercial colleagues taking into account both micro and macro factors.
- Deliver a high-quality rolling 24-month value and volume forecast through the monthly IBP process - maintaining and improving performance of key metrics such as forecast accuracy, forecast bias and customer service.
- Manage both the internal and external stakeholders from a Commercial and Supply Chain perspective - working closely with both to ensure that the forecast contains the highest level of quality.
- Define the KPIs the Demand Planning function will deliver in order to act as an enabler to continuous operational excellence. It is anticipated the main KPIs are forecast accuracy, forecast bias and customer service.
Sklls, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent).
- Three to five year's demand planning at global or regional level ideally within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong systems expertise (SAP or similar) with experience in MRP and ERP programs.
- Strong understanding of supply chain methodologies.
- A good communicator who can easily convey his/her ideas and requirements across all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to manage large amounts of information, identify root causes and put in place resolution activities. The capability to use Microsoft tools (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) in order to support this work
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Capable of moving an individual's thinking based on their data and facts evidence.
- Build strong and lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Able to gain the respect of their colleagues and senior team members through delivering excellent quality of work
- Ability to identify potential opportunities / risks well before they appear and puts in place activities to take advantage of these
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.