Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£65000 - £80000 per annum
8 days ago
Head of Data Science
Do you want to work with a business who are on a mission to deliver rapid insights working with a variety of clients including Microsoft?
A consultative Head of Data Science is required for a long-standing business with over 300 customers in a variety of sectors including Hospitality and Retail that will give you exposure to a variety of different projects that deliver massive impact to the business.
As the Head of Data Science, you'll manage a team of 8 where you'll mentor, create road maps and work with the senior leadership team to drive forward the strategy of the function, where this role can shape the future of the business growth.
The culture is also quite unique to this business, they believe in having a very collaborative and inclusive culture, everyone across different functions are encouraged to work together and live the company values of Accountability, Innovation, Honesty & Communication.
- Working closely with stakeholders you'll develop Road maps, strategy and drive forward the team
- Advanced knowledge of Python, R, Spark or Hadoop
- A very analytical and commercial mind, it's essential to be able to look at the data and see the commercial value it can deliver
- The Head of Data Science will have the chance to work with market leading clients like Microsoft on their AI Solutions
- Ownership of your own team, whilst work with a business that truly value their Data
- Flexible & Home-working
- 33 Days holiday per year, Gym, On-site bar, regular inclusive company events
- Budget for R&D
To be successful in this role you'll need proven experience driving a culture within team, technically gifted of delivering insights within a business.
This role would be suitable for a Lead Data Scientist, Data Science Manager or existing Head of Data Science looking to progress.