Up to £0.00 per hour
4 months ago
Zephyr - Head of Connectivity
A vacancy has arisen for a new Head of Connectivity role within the Zephyr Programme . Zephyr is a world leading High Altitude Pseudo Satellite, and a broad and potentially profound range of new business opportunities are envisaged based on this platform in commercial communications and related services. The Head of Connectivity will develop and lead a new commercial connectivity service business exploiting this unique capability.
Tasks and Accountabilities
Outline Job Profile
Create and then deliver a practical, pragmatic and high confidence business plan covering all the vital aspects of a complete business product and services definition, segment and customer specific value propositions, business models, pricing, go-to-market and sales strategy and as required partnering - to build in Airbus a global, scalable & high volume multi-segment services business including the necessary service delivery capabilities for commercial connectivity.
* Define and align the business requirements for the connectivity solution with all stakeholders including anchor customers and partners.
* Establish and lead integrated project team(s) as required to deliver the connectivity business.
* Define commercial connectivity services business development projects with anchor customers and partners with whom we potentially co-create products and services that reach into broad, scalable high value and high volume global businesses.
* Explore, formulate and negotiate commercial partnerships, eco-systems or similar that further build differentiation and sustainable business growth.
* Maintain and develop the necessary cross-Airbus internal eco-system such that Zephyr-Commercial capabilities can strengthen and expand their established and emerging business activities.
* Deliver the P&L.
* Based in Farnborough, UK, this role will report into the Zephyr Programme Manager in the UAS programme line within Airbus Defence and Space Limited.
* Regular international business travel will be required to support the growth of the business.
Required skills and experience
* 10+ years of experiences in business development and delivery within Telecoms oriented industry.
* Experience of leading R&D activities.
* Understanding of the latest trends and evolutions in the Communications/Network industry.
* Broad industry and academic knowledge as well as deep subject matter knowledge in at least one of several Telecommunications and Satellite technologies:
* IMS : IP Multimedia Subsystem
* HSDPA : High Speed Downlink Packet Access
* MOBILE TV
* MVNO : Mobile Virtual Network Operator
* IPv6 : Internet Protocol Version 6
* 5G : 5th Generation Mobile Networks
* IoT : Internet of Things
* Strategic thinker and leader to guide the entry into the new services as a market disrupter and forerunner.
* Awareness of different worldwide national telecom/spectrum policies and factoring this future setup.
* Ability to define, develop and lead programmes in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Collaboration and relationship-building skills.
* Analytical and data-driven, with a focus to deploy the new business in line with Airbus Digitalization strategy.
* Proven track record of organizational leadership in cross-functional teams across locations, language markets and working styles.
* Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment.
* Should have lived in/worked in at least 2 countries.
* High willingness to travel.