about 1 month ago
Head of Commercial Sales B2B
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
About the Company
Essar Oil UK is a leading UK-focussed downstream energy company whose main asset is the Stanlow Manufacturing Complex, one of the most advanced refineries in Europe and situated close to the major cities of Liverpool and Manchester. Stanlow is a key strategic national asset, annually producing over 16% of the UK's road transport fuels, while playing an important part in Britain's petrochemical industry by providing key feed stocks.
The business is a major supplier in the North West and beyond with customers including most of the major retail brands operated by international oil companies and supermarkets, Manchester Airport, leading commercial airlines and the region's trains and buses.
The business covers crude and product trading, refinery operations, HSE implementation, maintenance support and technological services, together with marketing and retail activities. Our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy working conditions and following the best operating practices to protect the environment underpins everything we do.
We employ over 900 highly trained and loyal staff, who are at the heart of everything we do. The company has an embedded safety culture, technically challenging work across the different parts of the business and some of the best training available in the energy industry.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a commercially driven leader to manage the commercial sales activity for the Essar Oil UK inland marketing business. This will include key account management for major B2B ground fuels customers, leading the Commercial Bulk Fuels Team and sales activities and delivery of the related targets and KPIs.
Working closely with the Head of Commercial, the role holder will develop pricing models and strategies, together with new products and services to satisfy current and future customer needs. The Head of Commercial Sales B2B portfolio comprises wholesale and serviced customers from the commercial/industrial sector, plus selected customers operating in the hypermarket and retail sectors.
- A member of the Marketing Leadership Team. Expected to contribute to the overall marketing strategy development (not just commercial sales vertical) and sustaining world-class marketing operations.
- Develop channel based strategies to deliver maximum margin, based on market understanding and supply inputs, in the context of a rapidly changing UK fuel supply landscape.
- Develop and deliver the annual business plan, monitor and deliver targets for the Commercial Sales Team's performance in terms of: volumes, margin (C5), credit performance (DSO/overdues), planning accuracy (demand forecasting) and new business growth.
- Champion key account management tools and best practices - as leader and practitioner.
- Identify new business growth opportunities in the market, create clear business cases that lead to approval, and drive implementation within Essar Oil UK.
- Lead, develop, manage and motivate staff and ensure that the required competencies are in place to meet current and future business needs.
- Work with key service providers to deliver customer KPIs and costs. Track and intervene effectively, where service provided is unacceptable, to deliver current and expected future needs.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key industry contacts.
- Ensure all reports act within Health & Safety guidelines, leading by example and demonstrating a proactive approach to HSE issues internally and externally. Ensure team complies with all policies and follows MOA.
Extensive experience required in a B2B commercial environment. The successful candidate will seek win/win solutions and have a strong track record in leading complex negotiations that deliver business growth and brand engagement. You will be data driven to provide market insights, which will then provide a strategic and evidence based approach. A professional approach to working with partners, suppliers and other external parties is essential.
- Commercially driven and the ability to understand and communicate complex commercial concepts
- Strategic and process thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills/stakeholder management
- Strong negotiation skills (evidence of complex deal making with major consumers)
- Strong analytically, problem solving and presentation skills
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills (evidence of in-role capability)
- Use of CRM tools would be an advantage
- Good strategic thinking (evidence of participation in previous strategy development)
- Extensive years of total sales/marketing/key account management experience
- Four to six year's experience in terms of leading a sales team, preferably in the energy sector
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.