Up to £0.00 per annum + car/bonus/pension
about 1 month ago
Morson are working in partnership with Stansted Airport (Manchester Airport Group) and are recruiting for a Head of Capital Programme Delivery. This role will be a 12 month fixed term basis.
Reporting into the Asset Management Director, this role will develop the Airport capital investment plan, and formulate an overall asset strategy, maintaining and managing processes through set milestones through to completion.
The role will require reflecting the prioritised list of investment needs arising from the airport asset plans, to ensure the provision and development of an asset base that:
* Supports the safe and compliant operation of all aspects of the airport
* Ensures health and safety for colleagues, partners or members of the public
* Supports customer service targets and ambitions
* Facilitates growth in aeronautical and non-aeronautical income, and operating efficiency
The successful candidate will manage and lead the delivery of the capital programme for the airport, delivered through Engineering Services, to time / cost and quality whilst remaining within budget constraints. You will make decisions on the phasing and timing of investment, within constraints agreed with the airport operational and commercial teams, and levels of risk allowance within the programme.
You will work with Engineering Services and Procurement and Contracts to formulate and drive plans for capex efficiency savings through smarter scheduling, consolidation of design work, improvement to design standards and efficiency procurement of goods and services. Finally, you will lead the business plan capex submission for the airport.
MAG is the country's largest airport group. Assets include Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. To ensure that airports and property portfolio is maintained and developed, Asset Management team works around the clock to drive asset strategy, capital expenditure planning, engineering services, airport asset development, master planning and capacity planning.
* To identify and assign prioritisation scores to all investment needs arising from the formation of the airport asset development plan
* To agree estimates of cost and time to delivery capital schemes with Engineering Services
* To lead the process of formulating and managing the capital programme for the airport, to ensure that capex costs are appropriately balanced against budget provision, service risk, growth and yield enhancement opportunities, health and safety and statutory compliance. To agree the capital delivery programme with the airport teams and Engineering Services
* To initiate the capital programme and procure delivery services at each stage of the project lifecycle (concept, definition and implementation) from Engineering Services
* To report on the performance of the capital programme routinely to the Airport leadership team, lead the process of investment prioritisation and alignment across the airport teams, and recommend changes that need to be made to accommodate new priorities for investment, manage changes to the time / cost / scope / benefit/ risks of investment
* To work with IS to identify IT related maintenance and development investment that is considered in the formulation of the airport capital programme
* To work with Procurement and Contracts, with Engineering Services, to get early visibility of the short, medium and long-term capital investment plans, to inform supply chain strategies for the efficient / value add procurements of goods, services and framework agreements
* To ensure post investment appraisals are carried out with the Airport Asset Development Manager and airport operational and commercial teams
For this role you will ideally have a qualification in an Engineering or Construction discipline or equivalent experience.
Strong experience of planning and running capital programmes, alongside extensive knowledge of HSE and EU regulations appropriate to the role is advantageous.
You will have strong leadership capability, with experience in leading indirect teams to deliver great results.
Exceptional stakeholder management skills are required to balance competing drivers and complex relationships. To be successful in this role, you will have a high energy/ can-do attitude. You must be able to deliver on time and to the highest standard. The client will give you the support, skills and tools that you need to be successful if you can bring the drive, personality and desire.
Stansted is a large employer in the East of England and we can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities.
Interested? Please contact Ben Pascall for more info, on or call 0161 707 1516