Up to £0.00 per annum
8 months ago
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The primary purpose of the role is to provide an effective Business Reporting and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and service by co-ordinating the information from multiple sources and stakeholder groups to form the core business plans necessary to support effective decision making project and business management.
To Provide integrated, coherent and consistent operational business management information (including financial, efficiency, effectiveness, business assurance, legal and regulatory governance) to DMS and DMS domains. This information will integrate project performance and operational performance into a single coherent business wide view and produce and manage an integrated set of 'end to end' Key Performance and process indicators ('Lead' and 'Lag' measures).
Facilitating the business planning process (including SBP, TSIP, MTIP, IBP, D&OP, MYB, and PIs) ensuring the timely production and alignment between plans. Production of a DMS business plan and master schedule that support the BL driven SBP/TISP/MTIP and provides a common set of business assumptions to be used as the basis of annual budgeting, investment decisions and drive continuous performance improvement.
Planning and managing the business governance process ensuring all relevant activities are planned, sequenced and supported by appropriate business information
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Developing and maintaining a set of Key Performance Indicators and associated dashboard(s), root cause analysis and recommendations for improvement
- Working with Domain PMOs to agree and maintain a cohesive reporting 'format' and presentation style, and to ensure that the analysis of information is accurate, consistent and timely.
- Developing and providing high quality and appropriate management information and report that can be used to satisfy a number of demands from within DMS and the wider Thales organisation.
- Producing a Master Business Plan that identifies all key business activity/business drumbeat including key planning dates, MYB/governance activities/audits etc.
- Producing draft annual objectives that deliver in year performance as well as align to the Strategic Plans
- Facilitating the production of BOR, CODIR reports with associated analysis and recommendations
- Driving collaborative behaviours that focus on business results (financial, customer, employee)
- Implement the IBP review cycle; effective preparation of reviews and associated in-feed reports and communication before, during and post each review.
- Maintains focus on achieving the IBP benefits to the business and on looking ahead at the 24 month rolling period.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the individual IBP components including the IBP Supply Capability, Demand and Supply Reviews
- Track the closure of agreed actions at the various reviews
- Create and maintain a valid and achievable supply plan which is balanced with the demand plan and to the capabilities of the business resources
- Collate output from each work stream review and prepare the MBR pack and make available with sufficient time before the review.
- A minimum of 10 years in a Business Operational role with a deep understanding of operational performance levers
- Ability to interrogate data and derive information and high quality, relevant business analysis and recommendations
- A deep understanding of business analytics and associated MI product and uses
- A good problem solver showing initiative and improvisation
- Ability to connect seemingly disparate information to spot trends
- Ability to use a combination of information and experience to provide high quality, relevant reports with recommendations for action
- A focus on Customers (internal and external)
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to portray management information in a simple and easily understood way
- Advance excel skills, understanding of ERP systems and business intelligence and reporting tools
- In depth understanding of the IBP process and business benefits
- Demonstrable expertise in the effective deployment of Integrated Business Planning processes:
- The ability to interpret the requirements of projects for an Integrated Business Planning service and to effectively apply the correct processes and tools to ensure the effective deliver of the service, either directly or through the direction to other member of the Project Management Office.
- Practical working capability with routine Integrated Business Planning tools such as; Oracle, Cube, BCPM, Primavera.
- Excellent communicator