Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
We are currently recruiting for 'Head of Assurance' to work on the Crossrail Project.
This is a Fixed Tern Contract initially up to June 2021.
Salary negotiable depending on relevant experience and excellent benefits package.
Based in East London
The Head of Assurance is accountable for ensuring that the Crossrail railway is fully assured at handover and for managing the processes and activities which will deliver that outcome.
This covers in particular:
Safety management - the ESM team and all required deliverables, including Interoperability and approvals from the ORR.
Reliability Growth - overall RAM management and reliability growth/demonstration plans for the railway assets, systems and rolling stock in combination.
Requirements - managing the central team, CPFR and the DOORS database and associated evidence gathering to support completion of the works and proving overall sponsors requirements have been met.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
Senior rail and or safety critical engineering / assurance experience.
Excellent stakeholder management skills and track record of managing external bodies.
Excellent skills and experience in delivering, managing and improving performance.
Excellent presentation skills - ability to convert complexity in to Board Level communication.
- You will bring senior industry experience in the integration of complex systems in construction programmes: preferably on the client side. Ideally this would include rail or other transport experience
- You will have the ability to work well within a senior team, and across teams, in constructively challenging and contributing to the attainment of Crossrail's stated goals for the delivery of the project generally and systems integration specifically.
- You will bring strong analytical skills and understanding of complex issues when competing issues need to be resolved.
- Engineering Degree, (Chartered Engineer desirable)
- A good understanding of major programme and project procurement strategies.
- Excellent written, oral presentation and communication skills together with strong inter-personal skills and experience
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary management team and within a matrix organisational structure
- Excellent appreciation of railway approval and verification processes