Crawley, West Sussex
3 months ago
Job Title: Head of Apprenticeship Development
Duration: 9 Months (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 37 per week
Pay rate: On application
We are currently looking for an experienced Early Careers professional to fulfil a 9 month contract with our client in Crawley.
Reporting to the HR Director for Early Careers, the Head of Apprenticeship Development will be responsible for setting the strategy around our client's Apprenticeship Programmes and the apprenticeship levy. Working closely with the Heads of Talent and Heads of Job Family, this person will be responsible for making recommendations around the design and delivery of Apprenticeship Programmes which address skills gaps or future resource requirements and provide bench strength for the organisation. They will also work with the full range of programme sponsors to provide effective governance and delivery.
- Working closely with the Heads of Talent to understand future capability and resource requirements within the CBUs
- Providing advice and guidance around apprenticeship standards, the levy and government funding legislation
- Developing the infrastructure to support Thales apprenticeship programmes, to be delivered locally by the business and supported by the Heads of HR - including salary models, line manager support, 20% off-the-job requirement, etc.
- Competitor analysis, benchmarking and best practice recommendation
- Management of the apprenticeship levy - including forecasting, risk points for voucher expiry, business recommendations
- Supporting the business to develop bespoke apprenticeship programmes that address employee development needs and support business direction, i.e. Cyber Centre of Competence, NCHSR, digital capability
- Working with the Heads of Talent to support the development and progression of apprentices through People Review - Identifying suitable progression pathways.
- Supporting and coordinating the development of new standards, aligned to business strategy - identifying appropriate stakeholders to support this
- Review of apprenticeship training providers, with support of the Learning Hub procurement
- Supporting apprenticeship clauses within bid submissions, i.e. responsible procurement requirements
- Facilitating external partnerships, secondments and placements for apprentices
- Support the company diversity and inclusion agenda through apprenticeships
- Develop and deliver a strategy around apprenticeship feeder programmes, including work experience, Get into Engineering, T Levels and industry placements
- Identifying and working closely with programme sponsors to support programme effectiveness, including on-boarding, performance management, rotations, progression pathways, etc.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a background in the Early Careers sector with expertise in developing apprenticeship programmes. You will be adept at defining strategy through business partnering and working closely with internal Talent teams.
You will have strong networks in the apprenticeship sector with expert knowledge of policies and funding rules along with budgetary management experience.
Experience of project management would be advantageous in this role as would knowledge of the Engineering or Defence sector
Morson International are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.