Head Chef - Manchester United
To execute and deliver the catering services across the stadium business sectors, ensuring the best quality and consistency in line with food specifications and legislative food safety compliance.
The role will also be responsible for succession planning for business continuity, building the brigade identifying skills training requirements to move the business forward. To liaise with other department heads to deliver the overall teams department objectives on budgets, innovation, processes, and equipment, leading to a better service for our guests.
- To maintain and drive the catering standard forward, looking at new innovative methods for food production and service to enhance the customer's experience
- To manage the labour and labour lines as detailed within the budgets (this varies from match to match, event to event)
- To ensure we as a company we maintain our five-star food hygiene rating / score from the local authorities, working closely with the Back of House manager and the kitchen brigades
- Security of stock and waste management to minimise risk to the company and utilise resources to the maximum
- Experience in dealing with a multi kitchen facility dealing with the full range of catering services, from basic breakfast to fine dining for small and high-volume events (minimum 3 years' experience in a senior position)
- Be knowledgeable and comfortable using excel spreadsheets to create recipes and costings
- Have the relevant catering qualifications including food safety and health and safety to a high level (preferred not essential willingness to complete as training)
- Have a proven track record of delivering budgets to the standards set
- Have good people skills combined with good communication skills to deliver the information required across various staffing brigades
- Have a good knowledge of local and international food offers that would enhance our menu offers for our guests
MUFC Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our workplace.
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles.
MUFC positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a request; we are here to help.