3 months ago
To ensure trade tasks pertinent to the maintenance, rectification and preparation of the authority's assets are carried out with the correct level of supervision by persons authorised and competent to do so. Tasks are to be monitored and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying program without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be passed direct to Line Manager.
The Senior Supervisor will be responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets at a tactical level. Demonstrate people management and leadership skills. The post holder will be an experienced and highly skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft component, demonstrating the ability to derive diagnostic techniques as required. They shall be responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component. Demonstrates awareness of broader external dependencies and identified areas for continuous improvement. Senior Supervisors are responsible to the Culdrose Head of Aircraft Maintenance (HAM) through the Deputy HAM (DHAM) for the efficient and effective daily operation of Line, Forward and Detachment Maintenance activities.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
* Supervise ground runs
* Undertake engine operator duties if authorised
* Instruct on zonal surveys if authorised
* Carry out all authority Level F tasks that do not require additional authorisation criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorising authority
* Supervise ground handling
* Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
* Authorised to sign 2nd signature for supervision of work outside trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank if authorised.
* Authorised to sign 3rd signature certifying aircraft ready for flight.
* Provide RVA equipment training at Stns/Ships/Units if authorised
* Undertake duties of Flight Servicing Co-ordinator
* Insert controlled forms in MOD Form 700/Sapphire
* Condition technical equipment as Serviceable or Unserviceable (R2/R3/R4 and T3/T4) inside trade boundary.
* Condition technical equipment as Serviceable or Unserviceable (R2/R3/R4 and T3/T4) outside trade boundary.
* Undertake self-supervised zonal examinations
* Carry out self-supervised maintenance activities within own trade if authorised
* Certify in MOD Form 700 that an aircraft is ready for flight
* Condition technical equipment as SCRAP inside trade boundary.
* Specify extent of independent inspections in source trade
* Specify extent of independent inspections, when he/she has supervised or taken part in original maintenance task to which independent inspection relates
* Anticipate scheduled maintenance by any amount of the relevant periodicity unless otherwise constrained by an IPT, FLC or Stn/Ship/Unit
* When detailed, acting as Detachment Manager for both Overseas and UK detachments, liaising with the Detachment Planner, the DHAM and the Supply Supervisor during the preparation, operation and recovery phases.
* When detailed, taking on the role of Culdrose Shift Charge Hand during periods of absence.
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.