Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
7 months ago
Hawk T2 Senior Supervisor
About the role
To ensure trade tasks pertinent to the maintenance, rectification and preparation of the authority's assets are carried out with the correct level of supervision by persons authorised and competent to do so. Tasks are to be monitored and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying program without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be passed direct to Line Manager.
The Senior Supervisor will be responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets. Demonstrate people management and leadership skills. The post holder will be an experienced and highly skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or component, demonstrating the ability to use diagnostic techniques as required. They shall be responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component. Demonstrates awareness of broader external dependencies and identified areas for continuous improvement. Senior Supervisors are responsible to the Maintenance Manager (MM) through the Deputy Maintenance Manager (DMM) for the efficient and effective daily operation of activities iaw applicable means of compliance
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Carry out all authority Level G tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority
- Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
- Authorized to sign 2nd signature for supervision of work outside trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank if authorised (limitations are stipulated by MM or DMM)
- Carry out self-supervised activities within own trade if authorised
- Condition technical equipment as `serviceable' unserviceable' inside trade boundary.
- Specify extent of independent inspections in source trade and outside source trade where authorised.
- Specify extent of independent inspections, when he/she has supervised or taken part in original maintenance task to which independent inspection relates.
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience. Ensure that all tradesmen return the individual PEVLs for validation of entries on a regular basis.
- Act as nominated Deputy during absences.
- Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by Babcock Policy
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Maintaining an effective handover by debriefs and a written log to provide a smooth transition and continuation of trade tasks between each shift where and when applicable.
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations.
- Undertake independent inspections in source trade
- Produce appraisals and own the PDR process for staff working under their control
What do I need to do the role?
5 years supervisory experience.
Supervisors in Aviation.
Training in an Aircraft related discipline to City & Guilds 2675 Level 3 or equivalent Quality and Air Safety Management Systems Training.