Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
3 months ago
General Description of Job:
The Senior Supervisor will efficiently co-ordinate personnel in support of contractual requirements and develop a safe and quality conscious work force of staff and supervisors. The Senior Supervisor will ensure that with the assets available that the contracted output across the wing is met.
The general supervision and technical direction of all employees under their control.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
The efficient organisation, administration and operation of all aspects of the progression and archiving of Aircraft Engineering Documentation.
Carry out all authority level G tasks that do not require additional authorisation criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorising authority
- Carry out all authority level F tasks that do not require additional authorisation criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorising authority
- When detailed, taking on the role of Shift Charge Hand during periods of absence.
- Ensuring that the tasks is completed in a safe and efficient manner, on time and to the highest standard.
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience. Ensure that all tradesmen return the individual PEVLs for validation of entries on a regular basis.
- Ensuring only suitably trained, qualified and authorised engineers are used to carry tasks requiring external specialist services.
- Checking that all equipment required for maintenance is available and reporting all deficiencies
- Ensuring all tests, independents and functional are completed correctly
- Monitoring Maintenance Progress (Scheduled & Unscheduled)
- The efficient organisation, administration and operation of all aspects of the progression and archiving of Aircraft Engineering Documentation.
- Monitoring the work carried out by employees under his or her control to ensure that they conform to current regulations and that documentation is promptly and accurately completed.
- Progressing the routine and scheduled maintenance of aircraft and providing documentation as required.
- Distributing and progressing, the compliance with all appropriate engineering instructions received from external agencies.
- Ensuring that all Company communications, information and instructions are cascade briefed to all staff within his area of responsibility.
- Manage and report performance against declared letters of delegations and budgetary responsibilities as directed by the Hawk GM
- Carrying out additional duties as may be required by the Maintenance Manager or Deputy Maintenance Manager.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years in a Supervisory position within a related engineering environment
- Received Military Aircraft Technical Training in relevant discipline, or equivalent Civilian training.
- Be willing to attend supervisory management training
- Military aircraft technical training in an aircraft systems discipline
- Computer literate
- Use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply technical practical skills
- Contribute to the design, development, manufacture, construction, commissioning operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes, systems or services
- Enter cockpit of Hawk aircraft having shown by examination that he/she can recognise the approved position of AAES safety devices
- Use Remote Viewing Equipment
- Composite Flight Servicing if authorised
- Work with Overhead Gantries (after required training)
- Charge gas systems
- Human Factors / Continuation Training.