Up to £31586 per annum
0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Hawk T2 Mechanical Senior Supervisor B6T (Depth)
About the role
The post holder will be an experienced and skilled mechanical technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or aircraft component, demonstrating the ability to derive diagnostic techniques.
Responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task delegation and authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component.
Responsible for tasking of work & supervision of personnel/people management.
Responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets at a tactical level.
Demonstrates people management and leadership skills.
Demonstrates awareness of broader external dependencies and identifies areas for continuous improvement.
In addition the Post Holder may have certain privileges delegated from the Maintenance Manager.
* Undertake detailed maintenance, inspection and supervision activities on an aircraft or aircraft components. Assuring work carried out has been completed in accordance with the SOW / Work package using the relevant approved technical information. Resolving faults and maintenance issues, including configuration management.
* Undertake and complete tasked maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, Aircraft Ground Handling, flight servicings, aircraft role changes, AD embodiments, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
* Supervise team to ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and highlight any issues, escalate as required. Report on any impact to the wider programme.
* Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately.
* Ensure staff are sufficiently competent and approved for the maintenance tasks allocated to them
* Maintain personal & teams task authorisation for working on an aircraft or components in accordance with AMC requirements.
* Responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets in the short to medium term through the supervision of others. Progress reporting against delivery targets to management.
* Undertake support tasks within the Aircraft or component maintenance facility which are required to maintain compliance with the MOE and Functionally Mandated Procedures (FMP's) (e.g. oversight checks, control of tooling / test equipment etc.)
* Provides guidance and leadership to the team. Develops team members using formal assessment processes, e.g. PDR's, supports and sponsors training requests including 'on the job training'. Demonstrates sound and comprehensive communication and people management skills in order to exchange complicated information.
* Undertake fault evaluation and raise ad hoc work cards and for 'found faults' during maintenance.
* Ability to scope and carry out independent and vital inspections.
* Maintain personal Log Book to demonstrate currency and recency, on completion of On the Job training (OJT) activities, sign other personnel's Log Books as appropriate within your trade and skills boundaries. If you are an approved designated assessor, undertake authorisation and task competency approvals, and check Pt 145 license application packs prior to submission.
What do I need to do the role?
* Experienced and competent leader at this level. Requires broad and in-depth product knowledge, expert competence within own technical/subject area and an understanding of the relationship with interfacing/ contributory areas, appropriate to the role. Ensure personal and team compliance with the risk assessments and SHE policies and procedures.
* If approved as a designated assessor undertake OJT activities, qualified by undertaking an OJT Training and Assessor course or acceptable equivalence, referenced in PROQ30718.
* Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering or Military equivalent apprenticeship / qualifications.
* Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 or 2661 in Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or equivalent.
* Aircraft platform training (On a/c requirement)
* Experienced and competent leader at this level.
* Requires a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
* Demonstrating breadth of experience, currency & recency via a Log Book capturing skills, knowledge and authorities for working on Aircraft type or in bays.
* Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
* A comprehensive knowledge of Expositions and Functionally Mandated Procedures Management training.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.