Aerospace and Defence, Airworthiness Engineering , Aerospace Electronics Engineering , Supportability Engineering , Aircraft Fitter, Aviation Safety , Aerospace Project Management , Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Design and Concept, Mechanical Aerospace Inspection, Aerospace Structural Analysis Engineering, Security Cleared
6 months ago
The Hawk T1 Seat Bay Fitter is responsible to the Seat bay controller in assisting with the efficient and effective maintenance of T1 Ejection Seats, Explosively operated equipment and Pyrotechnic activities for the HIOS contract at RAF Valley.
The Hawk T1 Seat Bay Fitter will undertake scheduled maintenance of Hawk T1 Mk 10B Ejection Seats, Explosively operated equipment and Pyrotechnics
The Hawk T1 Seat Bay Fitter’s tasks could include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all Hawk T1 Ejection Seat maintenance tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner, on time and to the highest standard.
- Checking that all equipment required for tasking is available and reporting all deficiencies.
- Ensuring all tool control procedures IAW the relevant Acceptable Means of Compliance are followed.
- Maintenance and preparation of explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics in support of Hawk maintenance.
- Fit and removal of AAES.
- Carrying out additional duties as required by the Seat bay controller.
- The production of pre-printed work cards and maintenance procedures/Trilogy view/IMS.
- Ensuring that all possible measures are taken to prevent FOD within aircraft and associated equipment.
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience.
- Maintaining engineering standards as detailed in MAOS MAI MRP PART 145 MAINTENANCE ORGANISATION EXPOSITION (MOE) & MRP 145 Approval Supporting Documents.
- Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by Babcock Policy
- Conduct self in line with the Being Babcock set of principles.
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
Technical Experience, Qualifications
- 2 years industry experience, including Hawk T1 AAES depth maintenance on Martin Baker ejection seats Type 10B or 10LH.
- Completed a Martin Baker type ejection seat course.
- Experience of working with AAES in a forward environment.
- Experience of maintaining and arming/disarming of explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics.
- Training in relevant discipline Mechanical/Electrical to City and Guilds Level or level 3 equivalent (completed an apprenticeship)
- Supervisors in Aviation
- Full Driving Licence
- Working knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite) and the Internet.
- Security clearance to SC level
- Knowledge of human factors, human performance and limitations
- Knowledge of Part-M, Part-145 and any other relevant regulations
- Knowledge of relevant parts of the maintenance organisation exposition and procedures
- Knowledge of occurrence reporting system and understanding of the importance of reporting occurrences, incorrect maintenance data and existing or potential defects
- Knowledge of safety risks linked to the working environment
- Knowledge on wiring and husbandry when relevant
- Understanding of professional integrity, behaviour and attitude towards safety
- Understanding of conditions for ensuring continuing airworthiness of aircraft and components
- Understanding of his/her own human performance and limitations
- Understanding of personnel authorisations and limitations
- Understanding critical task
- Ability to identify and rectify existing and potential unsafe conditions
- Ability to confirm proper accomplishment of maintenance tasks
- Ability to prioritise tasks and report discrepancies
- Ability to properly process removed, uninstalled and rejected parts
- Ability to properly records and sign for work accomplished
- Ability to understand work orders, work cards and refer to and use applicable maintenance data
- Ability to use information systems
- Ability to use, control and be familiar with required tooling and/or equipment
- Adequate communication and literacy skills