negotiable hourly rate
7 days ago
We seek a Hardware Team Leader, Engineering Manager or Work package manager to run a team of 7-10 engineers doing hardware design and be responsible for supervision, cost & schedule updates, working with the other functions and ensuring that hardware design processes are defined.
As a Hardware Team Leader you will be expected to have ability and knowledge of management of a team in the delivery of digital and/or analogue electronics product designs throughout the development, production and service lifecycles.
You will be expected to have robust and demonstrable understanding of both product design and work package delivery including cost and schedule management that will ensure all lifecycle aspects are correctly addressed together with the associated trades made in doing so.
This shall include:
- Technology identification and reuse strategies
- Cost & performance trades
- Model definition, Requirements management
- Functional partitioning & configuration management
- Circuit design & schematic capture,
- Design analysis,
- Commissioning & integration
- Verification & validation including EMC & environmental
- Series production and in service support.
- These should include aspects involving the development to standards for high integrity product design such RTCA DO 254 or other industry equivalents
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- A self-starter, capable of estimating, planning and managing your own work and your team,
- Have excellent people skills and be able to manage a team to deliver within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Be able to peer review, coach & guide the work of others.
- Be able to present at customer and senior level reviews.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of risk and opportunities management.
- Collaboratively work with other disciplines within an integrated team to optimise solutions and minimise impacts from dependencies.
- Liaison & working with suppliers & customers
- Understanding of cost & planning management tools and Electonics engineering tools,