Crawley, West Sussex
£45.00 - £51.00 per hour
3 months ago
The Hardware Systems Engineer will need to have skills and ability in one of these areas;
- Deriving of Systems Requirements to lower level Hardware Requirements
- Leading engineering activity through design lifecycle.
- Designing for platform installation on a Ship / submarine.
- Providing support to the generation of Bids and proposals.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specify, Capture and manage the requirement set.
- Define the project Test & Integration Strategy.
- Agreeing the Integration, Verification and Validation Method and IVV Synopsis.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Hardware Architecture Knowledge / System Engineering background.
- Requirements Management and Development Skills.
- Understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- Must have Microsoft Office suite experience.
- DOORS Requirements Tool.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of SONAR Systems
- Knowledge of EW Systems
- Knowledge of Radar Systems
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN HARDWARE ELECTRONICS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)