Up to £41 per hour
3 months ago
Our Client has a requirement for a Hardware Systems Engineer on a Contract basis. The successful Candidate will be responsible for estimation of development activities, design of technical solutions, implementation or subcontract of proposed solutions and the testing involved in verifying them. Assist in diagnosing and solving customer reported issues. This role may include the need to travel to customers' sites and provide front line support to the equipment delivered.
You will support the design, qualification and implementation of our deliveries at the operational level. In other words, not only will you be responsible for ensuring the components comprising our systems meet their requirements but you will be responsible for ensuring our delivered products operates and integrates correctly with the customers extant operational systems.
Main Responsibilities as a Hardware Engineer involve:
- Providing Hardware and Systems Engineering support to the business development activities including study/experimentation activities, system de-risking activities, interfacing with suppliers and interaction with prospective customers at a technical level
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Support System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong Hardware and Systems Engineering background
- A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle and configuration management
- A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
- Experience of providing engineering input and support to business development activities would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified
- CAD experience / familiarity desirable
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, Point-to-Point radio links, serial communication, 4G mobile technologies, network security, network management,
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC, Environmental etc. (awareness of associated DEF-STANS would be desirable)
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- A background in Communications (voice, data and radio products)
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations
- To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level