negotiable hourly rate
20 days ago
Our client is a leading missile systems developer. A Hardware In Loop Integration Engineer is required for a contract in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, on a 6 month duration.
The primary purpose of the job is to conduct integration of software and hardware elements to build a HWIL simulation. The software is internally generated within the business teams (HWIL and Linux based with C and C++). The hardware is partly generated within HWIL department and partly real missile sub-systems from the wider parts of the business.
- The job will involve working in a laboratory environment, so needs to be somebody who is safe and willing to work 'hands-on' with equipment and software.
- The role is not for a pure software or hardware/electronics engineer, but somebody who can appreciate and work a bit with both disciplines.
- A good level of 'systems' understanding would be highly beneficial as the role will be integrating complex components of missiles and a complex test environment, being able to appreciate the bigger 'what's happening' is important.
- ESD, Manual handling and safe ability to work in a lab environment is also required.
- A working knowledge of Linux is essential.
- Strong problem solving skills are essential.