£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
10 months ago
Noveum are a privately owned technical solutions provider for industrial and highly technical engineering environments. Their customers largely operate within nuclear and defence sectors.
They are a very experienced team, but in order to facilitate their growth, they require new blood and as such, they are looking for graduate Hardware and Software Engineers, who have 2-5+ years' experience under their belts within a similar role within a technical/engineering environment.
Within the role, you will be experienced in AutoCAD/electrical design and with a number of years' experience of undertaking electrical design for automation systems in an industrial environment.
Clients are largely within the Nuclear and Defence sector.
They seek a talented engineer who can fit into teams as well as show individual initiative within a professional, fair and mature working environment.
The job role:
Typically within the role, your details will include:
- Hardware requirements specification and analysis
- Hardware system design (AutoCAD electrical)
- Discussing design in design meetings / peer and formal reviews
- Hardware functional design
- Preparation of test plans, specification and procurement of test equipment
- Coordinating and supporting the manufacture and test of system components
- Liaising with internal and external manufacturing facilities to support system manufacture
- Liaising with internal and external testing teams to plan and support system design validation activities
- The role will be based within the office for approximately 90% of the time, with occasional paid travel to site when necessary.
You will be experienced in hardware solutions and with a number of years' experience of undertaking AutoCAD electrical design & implementation for automation systems in an industrial and/or highly regulated environment. Full ongoing training and development as well as on the job learning from shadowing more experienced engineers will to allow your knowledge to be used to meet the requirements and customer expectations within a highly regulated market.
Suitable applicants will have the following working experience:
* Experience of small to medium volume cubicle design and assembly techniques appropriate to energy systems
* Experience of LV & MV electrical design
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD development tools
* Familiarity with external motor control systems including power electronics, control methods and position sensor requirements
The projects you will be working on include a range of solutions for the Nuclear and Defence industries, which are highly technical and innovative and offer unique and interesting challenges. Through site visits you will also be able to witness and monitor the integration of these systems within the plant environment.
Company benefits are very competitive and include:
* Company matched pension contributions
* 30 days holiday
* Private medical care (single)
* Child care vouchers
* Discounted gym membership
* Flexible working hours based on a 37.5 hour week
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and experienced software engineer to work in a challenging and cutting edge environment and receive invaluable expertise and career development.
Interested? Please contact Ben Pascall on 0161 707 1516 or email