£40.00 - £45.00 per annum
10 days ago
Rate: £45 P/H
Location: Basildon, Essex, CM12
Duration: 6 months
A leading defence organisation is looking to add an experienced Hardware Engineer to the team in Southampton. In this broad electronic engineering role, the successful candidate will work across a range of projects through out the stages of production lifecycle- from the initial concept development through to early life production support, and on to support od existing fielded designs.
The product development responsibilities include but are not limited to requirement capture, schematic capture and PCB layout (DX Designer & Expedition - Mentor Graphics), circuit simulation (Ltspice / Hyperlynx) driving the design review process and collaboration with other engineering functions and manufacturing.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for devising and implementing all necessary design verification test and supporting documentation required to allow new designs to transition into production.
The successful Hardware Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
* Design of engineering solutions considering all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
* Present robust engineering solutions at design and peer reviews to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports.
* Undertake project tasks covered by a statement of work, detailing input, processes and output together with cost/timescale constraints to ensure delivery of project objectives.
* Mentor, coach and develop more junior members of the team in order to develop overall capability.
* Experience in cabling design, build and installation for land vehicles
* Strong digital circuity design including designs of boards using complex FPGAs
* Extensive experience of PCB development tools and process (preferably Mentor Graphics).
* Experience of DFx (designing for cost, test and manufacturability)
* Experience in System level and sub-system integration and Debug.
The successful Hardware Engineer should have the following skills & attributes:
* Proven ability of schematics capture & PCB Layout (DX Designer/ Expedition - Mentor Graphics)
* Proven ability of circuit simulation (LT Spice / Hyperlynx)
* Proven experience of requirements captures
WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)