£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
5 months ago
We are seeking a contract Hardware Architect to undertake Requirements Engineering tasks for a Sonar programme.
They will, with the support of other members of the team, carry out more specialised architecting tasks associated with design for the subsea environment. Communicate progress and issues with the Work Package / Project Manager for the allocated tasks. Keeping Team Leader informed of challenges, successes and issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Requirements Engineering - Specify, Capture and Manage the requirement set
- Define the project Test & Integration Strategy.
- Agreeing the Integration, Verification and Validation Method and IVV Synopsis.
- Supporting the team working on the projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Hardware Architecture Knowledge / Systems Engineering background.
- Requirements Management and Development Skills.
- Deriving of Systems Requirements to lower level Hardware Requirements
- Understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- A logical approach to problem solving is required.
- DOORS ability
- Leading engineering activity through design lifecycle.
- Designing for platform installation on a Ship / submarine.
- Providing support to the generation of Bids and proposals.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive "can-do" mentality
- The individual will be expected to demonstrate a level of autonomy
- Ability with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SONAR Systems
- Knowledge of Teamcentre
- Understanding of Naval platforms.
- The design of sonar assemblies and equipment for the sub-sea environment.
- The design of deployment systems
- Design and development of Hardware Engineering Products.
- Design / specification of packaging solutions.