Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £8.20 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
3 months ago
Our client provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services and they are currently looking for a Handyman to be based in Milton Keynes.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- To maintain the fabric of the building
- To be responsible for logistics
- To ensure the company Health & Safety policy is adhered to within sphere of responsibilities;
- To communicate job completion details
- Take a leadership in owning building problems and gain suitable resolutions.
- To complete general basic building fabric duties such as painting, decorating, building, small works, carpentry and plumbing;
- To complete electrical tasks such as lamp changing.
- Carry out planned maintenance tasks as requested
- To assist subcontractors when they attend site;
- To help with the loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Deal promptly with all telephone enquiries.
- Assist with events where required.
- Assist in logistical moves
- In receipt of a valid (in date) driving license is essential.
- To work from height using appropriate safety systems
- Repair and upkeep of building fabric as appropriate.
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- To carry out porterage duties in a safe and complient manner as required.
- To maintain and repair fixed furniture and equipment
- To partake in the site rota as required
- To partake in a call out rota / race weekend rota as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
- To cover for all other trades as required
- Appropriate Trade qualifications for work undertaken.
- Hold an IPAF licence including harness training
- Be competent in driving a forklift truck
- L8 Awareness training
- PASMA trained
- Self Motivated and able to work under own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work individually or as part of a team.
- IT literate - Good understanding of the use of technology i.e. PDA
Please note this is a contract position to run until the 02nd December 2019
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly