East London, London
£0.00 - £400.00 per day
6 months ago
Title : Handover Field Engineer (Architectural/ Fit Out) RAIL
Pay Rate : £400/day UMBRELLA
Location: Endeavour Square
Start : ASAP
Duration : 10 Months
1. Purpose of the Job
Provide support for the Verification Activity Closeout Manager and Project Delivery Teams in undertaking the necessary Major rail assurance activities to ensure compliance with Sponsor Requirements and the Major rail Assurance Processes as appointed for the specific discipline.
2. Principal Accountability
Provide support to the Verification Activity Closeout Manager and Project Delivery Teams in relation to the following:
* To support the close out of ongoing verification and assurance findings carried out by the Infrastructure Managers (IM) and ensure robust audit trail and transparency of decision making is documented.
* Support the Project Delivery Teams in undertaking technical reviews of contractor assurance records (including Operation & Maintenance manuals, certification documents, As-Built documents) against Major rail requirements and will also satisfy Infrastructure Managers when required.
* Support the Project Delivery Teams in closing out of "Elemental Outstanding Works List" (EOWL) items where required with evidence-based closure that satisfies the assurance processes of the Major rail Programme and Infrastructure Managers. This includes tracking and monitoring assigned EOWL items until resolution.
* Support a consistent approach is applied to technical reviews and assurance acceptance, issue resolution, and EOWL close across the Major rail Programme.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Major rail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for our client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Our client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our Client's information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
* Working with London Underground and Rail for London to ensure that Our Client's Element Outstanding Works List open items and outstanding findings from the verification activities are satisfactory closed out with evidence for their acceptance of the final close out.
* Working across the Stations, Shafts, Portals, Rail Systems and Central Engineering Group Teams to obtain evidenced from the Client's design and build Contractors and Technical Directorate teams.
* Maintain a consistent approach, where possible, in acceptance of technical assurance and resolution of items across the various project teams.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships:
Project Delivery Teams
* Handover & Commissioning Team Members (including Handover Leads)
* Central Engineering Group
* Engineering Managers
* London Underground / Rail for London
5. Person Specification
* Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
* Site based experience of engineering and construction on major infrastructure projects, including experience of design, construction and testing & commissioning phases
* Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes