Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Group Reporting Manager; Farnborough; 6 month contract
An opportunity has arisen to join our client BAE Systems as Group Reporting Manager in the Group Reporting department based in Farnborough.
Reporting to the Director of Group Reporting and leading a team of accountants, the successful candidate's principal responsibilities will be as follows:
* Manage the preparation of the Group's half-year and full-year published consolidated statutory accounts, including liaison with the Group's external auditors
* Manage the preparation of the Group's monthly consolidated management accounts, including preparation and review of financial information and commentaries for inclusion in the monthly Chief Executive's Report
* Project manage the preparation of the statutory accounts for the Group's UK subsidiaries under FRS 101
* Ensure compliance with the latest developments in IFRS and company law
* Maintain a focus on strong internal controls and develop further the Group Reporting department's processes to ensure consistent compliance with best practice
* Manage and develop a team of accountants, including involvement in recruitment activities and
* Manage ad hoc finance-based project work, including the reporting of business acquisitions and disposals.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be a 'Big 4' trained, ACA qualified accountant with post-qualification experience either working in a 'Big 4' accounting firm at Senior Manager level or a high profile listed group reporting department.
Experience of consolidations and listed group reporting are essential. Up-to-date technical knowledge and experience of IFRS and FRS 101 are pre-requisites of the role. Experience of Hyperion Financial Management would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and confident self-starter with excellent analytical and communication skills. A strong team player, they will be able to manage and motivate a team to deliver to a consistently high standard. They will also be expected to demonstrate the potential for promotion within the Group.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy