£300.00 - £350.00 per day
9 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a group management accountant to provide additional necessary resource during a period of transformation and change. This national engineering firm have recently implemented a new finance shared service centre and the role of the group management accountant or RTR accountant is as follows
Delivering timely and accurate information to Group Finance, Head of Tax and local Irish Finance team for external and internal reporting
Conducting accounting activities relating to the maintenance of complete and accurate general ledger and management accounts.
Processing information within the RTR area in line with Group Timetable and SSC SLAs
More specifically the role involves
Preparing and maintaining the accounting ledgers, management accounts, journals and associated supporting documents, schedules, and reports, and analyses as appropriate
Performing complex reconciliations for the balance sheet and profit and loss account as per the Group's agreed reconciliation processes
Raising inter-company charges/invoices as required
Maintain a complete, accurate and up to date fixed asset register and responsible for managing a physical asset verification process at least annually
Prepare regular and ad-hoc allocation of costs to business units, functions or group companies
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced contractor adept at joining a business and very quickly understanding what is required and how to be useful. Ideally should be able to work autonomously, able to provide benefit of experience to provide reconciliations support and manage special projects and support the BAU teams.
You will need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to present and explain financial information to all levels of management with a high standard of written presentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Capex experience is essential
* Strong analytical skills
* Attention to detail but ability to see the bigger picture and appreciate the end to end process
* Team player and able to build effective working relationships
* Self-starter, ability to manage own work and deliver to demanding deadlines plus able to manage and influence the delivery of others involved in the process
* Strong customer focus and understanding of how to manage expectations
* Able to adapt style of communication depending on the audience and the nature of the information being communicated
This is a 6 month contract to cover a busy period, so we would please request that applicants are able to commit to the entire term. In return, you will be joining a friendly and fascinating team!