Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£300.00 - £400.00 per day
about 1 year ago
Group Financial Reporting Accountant
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment process on behalf of Manchester Airports group.
MAG are currently recruiting a Group Financial Reporting Analyst due to team expansion during an exciting phase, post SAP implementation. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast paced and growing organisation! If you are immediately available for work and available to commit to a 6 month contract, then we are interested in hearing from you today!
In this role you will prepare the Group's interim and full year consolidated financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and individual company financial statements under FRS 102, to a high standard. You will also provide technical accounting and financial reporting expertise to colleagues across MAG and support the provision of relevant technical training and development to MAG's finance community and assist in the management of the year end and half year processes, including the external audit process.
- Primary responsibility for the preparation of the Group half year and full year financial statements under IFRS, for presentation to the Board and Audit Committee and inclusion in the externally published interim and annual reports and accounts - managing the external auditors and internal contributors. Ensuring legal and technical requirements, quality standards and deadlines are met, and that there is sign-off from external auditors.
- Preparation of the full year financial statements under new UK GAAP (FRS 102) for 40+ legal entities. Managing the external auditors and internal contributors. Ensuring legal requirements, quality standards and deadlines are met and that there is sign-off from external auditors.
- Preparation of detailed notes to support key accounting items and yearonyear comparisons.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely IFRS and new UK GAAP (FRS 102) accounting expertise and advice. Maintain a strong knowledge base, and utilise this to both evaluate the potential impact of operational / commercial changes on the group and company accounts, and identify appropriate accounting treatments and options.
- Provide ongoing accounting support to divisional finance teams / FP&A / commercial teams to ensure any accounting implications are factored into commercial decision appraisals, and the impact on reporting is understood, with options where possible to be presented.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of accounting policies and supporting the governance of MAG financial processes, ensuring standards and accounting policies are aligned across all legal entities. Ensure policy standards are recorded in MAG's Accounting Policy Manual, with guidelines and further articulation of how policies should be observed and applied.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training refreshers for accountants within MAG to ensure awareness of new accounting standard changes, appropriate recording of financial entries, and compliance with accounting policies.
About the person:
- ACA qualified accountant, with a minimum of 1-2 years' post qualification experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, management and influencing skills. Able to influence at all levels in the business, and to engage the co-operation of people who are not direct reports.
- Seeks to instil a culture of continuous development and process improvement.
Apply today for immediate consideration!