Greater Manchester, England
£20000.00 - £21649.00 per annum + Pension, bonus
2 months ago
Manchester United are recruiting a Groundsperson to provide an all-round supporting role that assists with the smooth running of the Group Property Services Department.
Contracted hours are 35 per week but specific working hours are affected by fixtures and events and therefore there will be some weekend and evening work.
Assisting the Maintenance Manager, key responsibilities of the role include:
- To check and maintain all seating within the Stadium and remove and reinstate as necessary, ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and up to date.
- To carry out general duties in and around the Stadium, including the lifting of heavy goods.
- To complete welding and fabrication work around the Seat
- To assist with the preparation of the stadium for match days and other special events as and when required.
- To complete various match day inspections including netting posts, pitch-side perimeter gates and barriers.
- To assist GPS tradesman with duties as and when required.
- To provide general labouring support/assistance to other departments within the
- Willingness to attend training
- To be a team player ensuring that the Stadium is presented to its full
- To be fully aware of MUFC Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and / or resolve these situations.
To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company's Performance and Development Review Policy and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential.
To assist with the provision of the training and development of colleagues as required.
Ensure effective communication with your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Ensure compliance with all of the Company's security, loss prevention and key holder procedures.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
Health and Safety
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance at all times with Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
Hours of Work
The employee is required to work 37.5 hours based on a working week of Monday to Friday, plus match days and special events as they occur.