Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£10.00 - £13.00 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
3 months ago
3 months plus
Our client is currently looking to recruit 2-3 Ground Maintenance Operatives to work in the Stoke-On-Trent area for an initial 3 Month Contract with a review to extend.
The role is to be based in Hanley but will cover the local area so the successful candidate must be flexible regarding working location and willing to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of grounds maintenance, i.e. grass cutting, hedge cutting, weed control and shrub bed maintenance.
- Use of grounds maintenance tools and machinery.
- Mentor learners and apprentices through leading by example and being a positive role model.
- To supervise up to 5 learners at any one time, taking responsibility for health & safety, safeguarding and welfare.
- To ensure that all contract targets are met and where possible exceeded and work is completed to the required standard.
- Provide excellent customer service and satisfaction at all times.
- Ensure vans are stocked with necessary tools, materials and PPE needed to complete the work.
- Provide appropriate training in work ethics, skills and techniques. e To set appropriate targets for learners. e To ensure a positive learning experience.
- To complete weekly and monthly reviews with learners, providing constructive feedback on progress.
- Maintain necessary communication links at all times.
- Work collaboratively with other relevant departments, referring issues where necessary.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork (e.g. job sheets, H&S audits, vehicle checklists)
- Deliver toolbox talks to learners and apprentices.
A full driving license is required for the position.