£280 - £300 per day + mileage allowance
about 2 months ago
Ground Investigation Consultant
**Candidates must have would need to hold relevant CSCS card, 1st Aid, CAT and Genny training.**
As a ground investigation consultant, you will be an integrated member of our UK-wide Site Evaluation and Restoration team, collating and managing site and laboratory data, undertaking site and task management, and reporting on a wide range of ground investigation projects. Working as part of our Ground Investigation Contracting capability you will support clients across sectors but with a focus on infrastructure such as rail, highways and waterways by conducting a variety of different tasks including ground investigation management, supervision and technical report writing. A high proportion of the work will be spent on client sites, providing site investigation services.
We are looking for an established ground investigation practitioner from consultancy or contractor background. As a part of our ground investigation capability you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and sectors and there will be some opportunity to broaden your skills within our geo-environmental consultancy team including land quality and engineering geology assessments.
In return, you will join an award-winning team and be part of one of the global top 3 consultants within the field. Working across various projects, you will have the opportunity to work alongside international technical experts and continue building on your experience. Our geo-environmental team works closely with our global colleagues to share knowledge and collaborate on projects all over the world.
* Task management including supply chain co-ordination and procurement
* Field based work undertaken across the UK, including:
o Site management of ground investigations and associated works, with a strong focus on health and safety management and documentation.
o The collection of site characterisation data, including soil, rock & groundwater sampling.
o The logging of soil and rock to appropriate British Standards and undertaking in-situ field testing.
o The scheduling of samples for laboratory analysis
o The compilation of factual ground investigation reports
* Work collaboratively with other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall project.
* Produce project outputs (e.g. documentation, reports, specifications) and ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations and requirements and comply with relevant national standards and codes of practice.
* Develop effective working relationships with the Project Manager and with the client and ensure effective communication of progress and changes and the resolution of issues.
* Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered, of the client's business and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry.
* BSc qualified (or higher) in Geology, or equivalent Earth Science.
* Experience of working on site and in supervising contractors e.g. drillers
* Strong awareness of hazards and risk management associated with ground investigations, including health & safety, budgetary and technical considerations.
* Proficient report writer - Factual Ground Investigation Reporting
* Desired - Rail / Highway sector experience