about 2 months ago
Our client a leading Energy Company are seeking a Grid Analyst for a minimum 9 month contract based in Glasgow.
- Provide analysis to support the delivery of grid related opportunities and goals for both onshore and offshore assets.
- Maintain and review the processes and procedures relating to governance of Grid Charging, Securities and Liabilities and Contractual Applications.
- Coordinate and manage central database of grid connection agreements and other related documentation in respect of fleet of projects at all stages of the project life cycle to ensure consistent and accurate information is easily accessible.
- Lead engagement with UK and Ireland grid companies to ensure obligations and responsibilities are met, including submission of new connection and modification applications to meet project needs.
- Coordinate Securities and Liabilities Review and prepare analysis and commercial justification of the operating and development portfolio including preparation of the approval presentations for Investment Committee to comply with CUSC obligations.
- Coordinate due diligence review and authorisation process for grid connection agreements to enable accurate and timely connections and modification applications.
- Coordination and administration of weekly/monthly reporting for the Renewables Policy & Innovation function to ensure reporting timelines are adhered to.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent organisation skills and experience in coordinating across multiple business disciplines.
- Experience and proven ability to work with different team and business functions with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain good working relationships internally and externally.
- Experience and knowledge of Renewables / Power Generation / Networks.
- Commercial awareness and negotiation skills essential.
- Proven analytical skills at a high standard with the ability to manage high volumes of data.
- The jobholder will be expected to have a working knowledge and understanding of the UK grid regulatory framework, particularly the Connection and Use of System Code (and related codes)
- Technical, engineering or business-related degree qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Highly organised individual that is able to competently process large quantities of data
- Experience in grid connection process and arrangements
- Highly IT literate with the ability to operate MS office systems including excel at an advanced and highly analytical level
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentations
- The ability to share learned knowledge between projects, departments and different disciplines
- The ability to manage workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of projects simultaneously