West London, London
2 months ago
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Job Type: Contract
FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products.
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Proven ability using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).