Morson Talent are working closely with one of our Defence clients Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land Ltd. (RBSL Ltd.) in recruiting a Graduate Systems Acceptance Engineer to join their well established teams in either Bristol or Telford.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As an Acceptance Engineer working within Systems Engineering, you will be working as part of integrated engineering teams to develop systematic solutions as required.
This is a demanding role, requiring close liaison between various Engineering teams. The role requires a high level of personal accountability in order that the products meet the required level of safety and performance.
Significant drive and energy, and the ability to deliver a diverse programme to demanding time, target cost and quality requirements are essential attributes to succeed.
The candidate must be a team player who is prepared to work with a multi-site engineering team within RBSL and the customer community. The individual will be required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive balanced system solutions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing Trials Plans and Reports to ensure that suitable evidence has been gathered to answer requirements.
- Producing Acceptance reports for equipment configurations, including collation of content produced by the wider Engineering domains.
- Work with the Engineering domains on the creation and delivery of acceptance databases and datasets at System and Subsystem level.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, briefings and design reviews. This may involve:
- Undertaking technical presentations.
- The generation and review of technical reports and reporting on progress.
- Participating in technical debate and group problem solving.
- Working with Customer, User, Engineering and Procurement teams to assist in resolving design queries, problems and conflicts.
- Reviewing design changes and assessing any impact on acceptance evidence.
- Supporting the Requirements Decomposition from an acceptance viewpoint.
- Supporting the wider Engineering team to drive a coherent, balanced and compliant system design from an acceptance viewpoint.
- Supporting the development of System and Sub-system design documentation from an acceptance viewpoint.
- Provide engineering input to project submissions including cost estimating, project plans, and progress reports.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work with the minimum of supervision within a team environment.
- Competent in the following software packages:
- Microsoft Office suite
Good awareness of:
- Security implications for technical material
- Commercial considerations
- Workplace Health & Safety
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Our employees receive a competitive benefits package and work for a growth organisations that offers great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme and Cycle2work. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.