Katie Robson Hill
2 months ago
Are you looking to join a successful and growing Engineering company? Do you have an interest in the Maritime industry? Morson International are working in partnership with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK in recruiting for their 2020 Graduate Scheme.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide working closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Each year, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK takes on new apprentices and university graduates. We are dedicated to developing the next generation of talent in engineering and technology.
We are currently recruiting for the 2020 Graduate Scheme and are interested in hearing from a range of Graduates looking to progress their career in the Maritime Defence industry.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
Knowledge and experience (will be developed in the job role if not held)
- On course for a degree in Engineering or an Engineering-related subject (e.g. Marine Science, naval Architecture, Ship Design)
- Interest or past experience in engineering or the marine industry
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels both within the company and externally
- Computer literacy in order to operate information systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with 2D drawings and 3D CAD models would be advantageous Able to build rapport and develop working relationships
- Strong team focus
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently at times under own initiative
- Ability to use own initiative when working under pressure
- Prioritise and manage personal workload to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
Key accountabilities may include
Support to the Systems Design Team within the Surface Ship Systems Division:
- Leading discrete design tasks in relation to current projects as directed by project Design Authority. This will be wide-ranging and cover everything from developing detailed information to support design decisions to preparing material for formal reviews.
- Owning the forward plan for design reviews and monitoring progress against this for each major project, liaising with the Head of Operations and the Engineering Office accordingly.
- Supporting Product Managers with collating information for product specifications.
- Working with Design Authorities and Product Managers to develop and maintain product roadmaps
- Supporting our Sales Team during bidding activities for future project opportunities specifically preparing technical information, writing technical descriptions and reviewing bid documents prior to submission.
- Attending client and supplier meetings.
- Attending and supporting equipment tests.
Graduate intake planned for November 2020
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).