Katie Robson Hill
4 months ago
2019 Graduate Scheme - Sub Contract Coordinator
Are you looking to join a successful and growing Engineering company in the field of Procurement? Do you have an interest in the Maritime industry? Morson International are working in partnership with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK in recruiting for their 2019 Graduate Scheme.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Each year, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK takes on new apprentices and university graduates. They are dedicated to developing the next generation of talent.
We are currently recruiting for the 2019 Graduate Scheme and are interested in hearing from Graduates looking to progress their career in the field of Procurement.
We are keen to hear from individuals who have a degree in Business Management.
Typical activities will include:
- To manage all subcontract activities in conjunction with technical team including subcontract construct, negotiation, managing contract changes, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
- As part of bid teams support/lead/manage subcontract shaping and negotiation of subcontracts.
- Manage and report on all subcontract activities in support of bids/projects through the lifecycle.
- Hold regular reviews with subcontractors to address schedule/technical compliance.
- Ensure prime contract obligations and commitments are flowed down to sub-contractors and ensure sub-contracts support AEUK in satisfying customer requirements.
- Provide regular update reports to relevant project and senior management.
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from sub contract.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
- Assist in review and development of business processes as required.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate records and subcontract data for monthly management reports as required.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to legislative and corporate compliance.
- Support as required the establishment of commercial subcontract processes and procedures scaled to support the growing AEUK business.
- Provide subcontract commercial advice and support to AEUK bid and project teams as required.
- Development of long term relationships with key partners.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
What we are looking for in you:
- Interest or past experience in engineering or the marine industry.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels both within the company and externally.
- Computer literacy in order to operate information systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Able to build rapport and develop working relationships.
- Strong team focus.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently at times under own initiative.
- Ability to use own initiative when working under pressure.
- Prioritise and manage personal workload to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas.