Graduate Sub Contract Coordinator
Are you looking to join a successful and growing Engineering company? Do you have an interest in the Maritime industry? Morson International are working in partnership with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK in recruiting for their 2020 Graduate Scheme.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide working closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Each year, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK takes on new apprentices and university graduates. They are dedicated to developing the next generation of talent.
We are currently recruiting for the 2020 Graduate Scheme and are interested in hearing from a range of Graduates looking to progress their career in the Maritime Defence industry.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
Knowledge and experience (will be developed in the job role if not held)
- Experience of establishing and managing subcontracts in key prime contractor projects within defence domain
- Experience supporting bid activity, creating Procurement specification and terms and condition flow down.
- Strong Project Management/Leadership skills
- Strong Commercial skills with a good understanding of terms and conditions and the ability to draft and develop sub-contract documentation such as statements of work, payment plans and CDRLs.
- Has maturity and gravitas to work with senior levels of stakeholders
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Financial management experience of complex subcontracts
- Good degree in relevant subject is desirable
- APM Qualified or equivalent
- Strong IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to liaise and influence key Stakeholders.
- Proactive individual with a high level of communication skills and attention to detail
Key accountabilities may include
- To deliver a service, quality and cost offering to customers (both internal and externally facing) and to deliver measurable service through demonstrable customer satisfaction.
- To recognize, understand and contribute towards the medium to long-term objectives of Procurement and to support AEUK in achieving its IBP (Integrated Business Plan).
- To manage all subcontract activities in conjunction with technical team including subcontract construct, negotiation, managing contract changes, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
- As part of bid teams support/lead/manage subcontract shaping and negotiation of subcontracts
- To manage and report on all subcontract activities in support of bids/projects through the lifecycle.
- Hold regular reviews with subcontractors to address schedule/technical compliance.
- Ensure prime contract obligations and commitments are flowed down to sub-contractors and ensure sub-contracts support AEUK in satisfying customer requirements.
- Provide regular update reports to relevant project and senior management.
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from sub contract.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
- Assist in review and development of business processes as required.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate records and subcontract data for monthly management reports as required.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to legislative and corporate compliance.
- Support as required the establishment of commercial subcontract processes and procedures scaled to support the growing AEUK business
- Provide subcontract commercial advice and support to AEUK bid and project teams as required
- Development of long term relationships with key partners
- Establish and maintain effective KPI's to enable accurate measurement of performance.
- Develop appropriate relationships with key sub-contractors with particular emphasis on effective partnerships.
- Ensuring accountability to the division
Graduate intake planned for October 2020
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).