Katie Robson Hill
about 2 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide working closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Each year, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK takes on new apprentices and university graduates. They are dedicated to developing the next generation of talent in engineering and technology.
AEUK are looking for Graduate Scientists / Engineers to join their Engineering Department. You will perform scientific and engineering research and development that will contribute to the delivery of novel technology and products for their customers in the underwater defence and security domain.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
We are keen to hear from individuals who have a degree (or equivalent) in the following (or related discipline)
- Applied Mathematics
- Electronic and Mechanical Engineering
As a Graduate Scientist / Engineer you will perform research and development contributing to new technology and knowledge in the Sonar and Underwater Platform Signatures domains.
Across these domains AEUK is involved in a broad range of technical areas including:
- Development of Sonar sensors and other hardware and software systems
- Analogue and digital electronics
- Signal processing, image analysis, data science and machine learning
- Development of detection and classification algorithms
- Analysis of acoustic and non-acoustic data
- Simulation and modelling of the physics of sonar systems and generation and propagation of acoustic and non-acoustic signatures in the underwater environment
- Test and measurement of acoustic and non-acoustic systems, including those on in-service submarine sonars
You will use technical knowledge to offer solutions to problems; thinking innovatively and creatively, you will provide technical input into bids and projects writing reports. You will provide advice and guidance on technical matters as well as providing support to the team in technical liaison with customers to support the agreement of requirements.
What we are looking for in you:
- Interest or past experience in engineering or the marine industry
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels both within the company and externally
- Computer literacy in order to operate information systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to build rapport and develop working relationships
- Strong team focus
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently at times under own initiative
- Ability to use own initiative when working under pressure
- Prioritise and manage personal workload to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
Graduate intake planned for October 2021.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).