Katie Robson Hill
about 2 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide working closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Each year, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK takes on new apprentices and university graduates. They are dedicated to developing the next generation of talent in engineering and technology.
AEUK are looking for Graduate Electronics Engineers to join their Engineering Department. You will use your skills in electronics in the development of novel technology and products for their customers in the underwater defence and security domain.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
We are keen to hear from individuals who have a degree (or equivalent) in the following (or related discipline)
- Electronic / Electrical Engineering or related discipline
As a Graduate Engineer you will perform development that delivers bespoke electronics for integration into complex sonar systems and other high performance sensor technology. You will develop an understanding of sensor electronics and how these components interact with the rest of the sensor system to deliver capability to our customers.
The scope of electronics development activities that AEUK perform includes:
- Design, implementation and testing of electronic components
- Digital circuits using FPGAs
- Analogue low noise interface circuits
- Power amplifiers
- High bandwidth telemetry systems
- Integration of electronics components within an operational sensor system
You will use technical knowledge to offer solutions to problems; thinking innovatively and creatively within a robust engineering framework. You will provide advice and guidance on technical matters as well as providing support to the team in technical liaison with internal and external customers to support the agreement of requirements and demonstration of performance.
What we are looking for in you:
- Interest or past experience in engineering or the marine industry
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels both within the company and externally
- Computer literacy in order to operate information systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to build rapport and develop working relationships
- Strong team focus
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently at times under own initiative
- Ability to use own initiative when working under pressure
- Prioritise and manage personal workload to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
Graduate intake planned for October 2021.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).