Katie Robson Hill
about 1 month ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide working closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Each year, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK takes on new apprentices and university graduates. They are dedicated to developing the next generation of talent in engineering and technology.
AEUK are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their Mechatronics Department. You will perform engineering research and development that will contribute to the delivery of electrical technology and highly integrated (electrical, electronic, mechanical and software) systems and products for their customers in the surface / underwater defence and security domain.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
We are keen to hear from individuals who have a degree (or equivalent) in the following (or related discipline)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
As an Electrical Engineer you will perform research and development contributing to highly integrated mechatronics technologies and knowledge.
The technical areas that AEUK's Mechatronics department work in include:
- Electrical systems for surface vessels and mission modules which tailor vessel mission profile
- Autonomy of surface vessels
- Towed array handling systems
- Launch and recovery systems for UUVs and towed sonar
- Advanced power generation
- Minesweeping technologies
- Sensor systems for submarines
- Sonar systems and sub-system integration for surface vessels and submarines
- Electronics and control systems
- Specialist cable design
- Design, Test and qualification of equipment for harsh environments (EMC and environmental aspects)
You will use technical knowledge to offer solutions to problems; thinking innovatively and creatively, you will provide technical input through design life from bid, systems design, detailed design, test and qualification to installation
What we are looking for in you:
- Interest or past experience in engineering or the marine industry
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels both within the company and externally
- Computer literacy in order to operate information systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently at times under own initiative
- Ability to use own initiative when working under pressure
- Prioritise and manage personal workload to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Able to build rapport and develop working relationships
- Strong team focus
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
Graduate intake planned for October/November 2020.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).