North West England, England
£250 - £275 per day
17 days ago
6 months +
My client is a large Engineering Consultancy that are undertaking a new commissioned project based in Manchester for a market leading telecoms and internet service provider.
They require a Risk Manager to implement and operate solutions that allow for the proactive governance and management of build phase performance and risk.
Duties are to include:
- To work with Build Lead to ensure the Internal Facing / Partner Facing governance (as depicted within the governance framework) is implemented and providing the control required by the Build Lead and Programme Director
- To support as required the Programme Director and Customer Contract Managers in ensuring they are clear on the requirements and arrangements for the customer facing governance
- To work with the Build Lead and Programme Director to ensure the Governance arrangements as a whole are sequenced in an appropriate manner and that inputs and outputs transfer appropriately across the defined governance events
- To confirm the structure for the Build Forecast Report, working with the Schedule Lead to ensure clarity on the requirements, frequency and process for extraction from latest MSP schedule
- Lead the analyst resources within their team to design and produce the Build and Roll out Report obtaining approval prior to issue
- Lead the analyst resources within their team to design and produce the Weekly Project Management Report obtaining approval prior to issue
- Lead the analyst resources with their team to design and produce the Milestone achievement report for M2 and M3, coordinating with Build Partners to ensure appropriate inputs.
- Lead the Analyst resource within their team to provide appropriate support to the Customer Contract Manager to ensure reports are issued to CAs as defined within the contracts with CAs
- Mature the reporting framework following an initial period of operation to identify how the process can be streamlined or automated
Risk, Issue and Opportunity Management
- To brief relevant Virgin Media E2E process step owners in the risk, issue and opportunity management approach and risk register tool to allow for ongoing risk management by process stage owners in stages that preceed build phase activity
- To brief Delivery Managers and Commercial Lead / QS resource in the risk, issue and opportunity management approach and risk register tool to allow for ongoing risk management by process stage owners, ensuring alignment to the commercial process for processing EWNs and Ces.
- Ensure analysts resources within their team are working with Delivery Managers and QS resources to capture and drive proactive management of build phase risks, issues and opportunities
- Ensure analysts within their team are producing suitable summary updates of risk register to feed into required governance forums
- To establish a mechanism for rapid escalation of time critical risks, issues and opportunities to avoid the governance cycle becoming a bottleneck to resolution
- To support the Programme Director and Build Lead in reviewing and mitigating risks and issues across the E2E process.
- Proven experience in Risk, Issue and Opportunity management
- Proactive approach allowing for early management of risks or issues
- Strong Stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience of working in a high paced, constrained environment
- Experience of leading others in Governance Risk and Reporting activities.
- Proven ability to adapt and refine Governance, Reporting and Risk solutions as delivery commences to reflect findings from live delivery
- Proven experience of working with programme leaders in governing and reporting on performance and managing risks and issues
- Ability to interpret large datasets, drawing out key insights for communication and resolution
- Experience of similar roles role in the telecoms or utilities sectors
- Valid, clean UK driving licence
For more information on this role, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.